The Park

Trendlewood Community Park was formally established in 2011 by North Somerset Council.

The park is comprised of seven compartments with approximately four acres of woodland, a well equipped play area and 10 acres of grassland, trees and hedges with a network of public footpaths and a bridleway. The following map details the location of each of the compartments:-

 

 

 

 

 

Much of the woodland to be found in the park originates from Trendlewood Quarry, which produced Pennant Sandstone from the 1850′s to the 1930′s. Remains of the quarrying can be found in the area of the park known as Nowhere Wood.

The park provides a home for a wide variety of birds, plants, mammals, insects and other invertebrates.

In 2012 the park was awarded Green Flag Award® status. The Green Flag Award® scheme run by Keep Britain Tidy recognizes and rewards the best green spaces in the country. We are pleased to announce that for a fifth year we have been awarded the green flag for 2016.

The following leaflet, kindly funded by Royal & Sun Alliance Community Projects provides a brief overview of the park:-

 

 

Comments are closed.